Green & Sklarz LLC is a boutique tax law that focuses on representing businesses and individuals with complex tax planning needs and representation. The firm's attorneys have established a reputation for excellent and efficient representation of clients who have complex transactions, planning needs or have encountered difficult circumstances. We frequently appear before the IRS, Department of Justice Tax Division and Connecticut Department of Revenue Services on behalf of our clients. As crisis managers, we assist clients with identifying and attempting to achieve core goals, in order to protect businesses, employees, and families. As planners, we handle corporate transactions and significant land use issues, as well as sophisticated estate planning and succession planning for our individual and family clients. We draw on a cross-disciplinary approach to ensure our client's needs are addressed in order to reach the best possible solution to problems.
Our practice areas include:
- Representation before the Connecticut Department of Revenue for sales tax and withholding tax exams and controversy matters
- Representation of taxpayers before the IRS, U.S. Department of Justice, Federal and State courts in collection, audits, and appeals
- Criminal Tax Investigations before the IRS, Department of Justice Tax Division and Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring, and assisting clients in resolving their business-related financial obligations, including utilizing bankruptcy to resolve tax and other creditor business planning and acquisitions.
- Estate & succession planning for closely held businesses and owners
- Estate work and probate work, including assisting clients through the probate process and resolving outstanding issues.
- Commercial and business litigation
The firm maintains an active tax controversy, bankruptcy, litigation practice, and frequently appears before the United States District Court, United States Tax Court, United States Bankruptcy Court, and Connecticut State Courts. The firm represents individuals, corporations, limited liability companies, estates, and others in criminal tax investigations, administrative tax controversies and tax disputes before the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Justice Tax Division and the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.
The firm's partners also train other tax practitioners and are frequent lecturers with a number of local and national organizations, including the American bar Association, the Connecticut Bar Association, the American Bankruptcy Institute, AICPA, CCH, the National Association of Tax Professionals and others.
||New York Office|
|243 Tresser Boulevard
||One Grand Central Place|
|Stamford, CT 06901
||305 Madison Avenue|
|P: (203) 428-4907
||New York, NY 10165|
|F: (203) 286-1311